Walkthrough on localized reconstruction
In this walkthrough, we use localized reconstruction to reconstruct a set of subtomograms at full pixel resolution without the requirement of creating a full reconstruction first. In this approach, we:
- create a reconstruction at low resolution
- mark the coordinates of interest in the low resolution reconstruction
- reconstruct separately the different coordinates.
Example data set
The data set is an aligned tilt series.
The tilt series was used in the publication Cryo-EM structure of the extended type VI secretion system sheath-tube complex (J Wang et. al - Nature microbiology, 2017).
Download tilt series file
An aligned data set can be download from:
wget <not yet available>
This will create a file called ts.mrc in your current working directory.
Inspecting the tilt series
The tilt series at full pixel resolution can be inspected by:
In Dynamo, we call stack 3d center to a point (xsc, ysc,zsc ) univocally defined by a stack of micrographs:
- x and z and determined by the rotation axis implicitly defined by the alignment.
- y is the center of the stack along direction y, defined as