Matlab options for navigating 3d scenes include:
- rotation of viewing perspective
- dragging the scene (pan action)
- zooming in and out.
The native system to switch among them is however limited, as they force the user to move the cursor to the toolbar to select a different icon. Dynamo extends the native system, associating the viewing actions to different combinations of keys and mouse actions.
Activating the 3d mouse
The 3d mouse can be activated in any Matlab axis.
for a handle haxis. Once the order is launched, the axis will recognize the controls:
- rotation: main click on the scene and move the mouse.
- dragging: middle click on the scene and move the mouse keeping mouse button pressed.
- zooming: scroll mouse wheel.
3d mouse in tomoslice
Inside dtmslice the controls of the 3d mouse are slightly different, to avoid interference with dtmslice controls.
- rotation: keep [control] key pressed, main click on the scene and move the mouse.
- dragging: keep [shift] key pressed, main click on the scene and move the mouse.
- zooming: scroll mouse wheel while keeping [control] or [shift] key pressed.
In dtmslice the 3d mouse gets activated also when the click is not performed on an empty region of the axis.